Flowpoint ECO: Rapid Set Flowable Grout
UltraScape Flowpoint ECO Paving Grout exceeds all the requirements of the latest British Standard, plus it’s environmentally friendly. Flowpoint ECO offers the same benefits as Flowpoint but contains 20% recycled material, significantly reducing the consumption of precious virgin aggregates and is ideal for schemes looking to achieve an ‘excellent’ CEEQUAL award, or where a BREEAM assessment is to be carried out.
Flowpoint has been in use for over 20 years in a variety of project environments including public realm, landscaping and domestic projects – it’s perfect for domestic paving and patio’s too and is loved by contractors for it’s easy apply, fast set, weed free finish!
Flowpoint ECO Technical Information:
- Contains recycled glass – reduces virgin aggregate use
- Open to foot traffic in 1 hour
- Open to vehicular traffic in 4 hours
- Rapid setting
- Exceptional bond strength
- Shrinkage compensated
- Mixes quickly on-site with water
- Initial set after 15 minutes at 20°C
- Economical to use
- Conforms to BS 7533
- Ideal for large-scale projects
- Available in *charcoal and natural grey
- 25kg paper bags
What can Flowpoint ECO Grout be used on?
- Traditional Sandstone & Indian Sandstone
- Granite setts
- Concrete slabs
- Clay pavers
- Man-made or natural stone, regardless of their finish
Please note: We do not recommend Flowpoint ECO for use with some darker limestone, such as black limestone, as it can lead to a slight oxidisation. Call our expert team if you would like further advice on the ideal grout for darker limestone. ☎️ 0845 862 1099
How many bags of Flowpoint ECO will I need?
One 25kg bag of Flowpoint ECO paving grout will cover an area of paving approximately 7–10 square metres. However, this coverage varies depending on the size of the paving, flags or setts and width and depth of the joints. Contact us we can do a calculation for you! ☎️ 0845 862 1099
How do I mix & apply Flowpoint ECO Paving Grout?
- Clean the area to ensure paving slabs and joints are free from debris and any excess water
- Lightly pre-soak the surfaces with water to ensure they are damp, a light spray of water is ideal
- Open the Flowpoint pack with the value, and pour the Flowpoint into a bucket and add 4.25 litres of water
- With a force action mixer, mix for 3–5 minutes, until the consistency is smooth and free of lumps
- Prior to pouring the mix onto the patio, ensure that the paving is still damp, apply the Flowpoint Slurry immediately by carefully pushing it into the joints using a rubber squeegee. Flowpoint may set within as little as 15 minutes (at temperatures of 20oC) so you will need to act quickly – it’s ideal to have two people on the job
- Force the Flowpoint slurry across the paving surface to top-up joints where the mortar may have sunk
- Use the rubber squeegee to remove as much of the paving grout from the surface of the flags – still keep the surfaces constantly damp to prevent the grout from hardening
- Use a brush and plenty of water (or alternatively a sponge machine) to remove any grout that has hardened on the paving surfaces
- Once the mortar is dry (after about 30 minutes – depending on temperature), clean the surface of paving slabs thoroughly to remove any spots of mortar and prevent staining, you’ll be looking for clean water running of the patio
- Your patio should be ready to walk on after one hour and can receive car traffic after four hours
For any questions or queries call us on ☎️ 0845 862 1099
*Please note – Charcoal is made to order