Flowpoint Smooth: Rapid Set Flowable Grout
UltraScape Flowpoint Smooth grout exceeds all the requirements of the latest British Standard. It has been in use for over 20 years in a variety of project environments including public realm, landscaping and domestic installations. Flowpoint Smooth, is ideally suited to smooth paving such as porcelain and slabs with joints as small as 3mm, providing a seamless surface for your patio.
Did you know?
Fully conforms to BS 7533 and offers a construction life of up to 40years. Frost resistant and non-staining, Flowpoint is a great choice for both commercial and domestic paving works Flowpoint slurry grout is a quick, easy and efficient method for grouting paving. Suitable for use on almost all paving types, including most natural stone (Sandstone, granite, porphyry, concrete, clay and others and can also be used in the wet so rain (light rain) will no longer prevent you from finishing your paving!
How to use Flowpoint wet slurry grout to fill paving joints:
- Clean the slabs or setts surfaces & joints so they are free from debris and any ponded water
- Pre-soak the joints & surfaces with water to ensure they are damp – a light spray of water is enough, don’t over saturate
- Add 4.25 litres of water to a bucket and then pour the Flowpoint powder into the bucket
- Mix for 3–5 minutes with a force action mixer until the consistency is smooth and lump free
- Ensuring the area is still damp, apply the mixture immediately by carefully forcing Flowpoint into the joints using a rubber squeegee, Flowpoint can set within as little as 15 minutes (at temperatures of 20oC) so you will need to work at pace
- Move the Flowpoint slurry grout constantly across the patio surface to top-up joints where the mortar has sunk
- Using the rubber squeegee, remove as much of the paving grout from the surface of the paving flags – still lightly spraying the surfaces with water to prevent the grout from hardening
- Then use a brush and more water – or alternatively a sponge machine – to remove any stubborn grout that has hardened on the paving surfaces
- Once the mortar is dry, after about 30 minutes, clean the surface of paving slabs thoroughly to remove any spots of mortar and prevent staining
- The pavers are ready to walk on after one hour and can receive car traffic after four hours
*Please note: Flowpoint Smooth Charcoal is made to order